Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Selling the boat and moving on

After much thought and consideration, I've decided to sell the unfinished skipjack and move one to a new phase of my life. While it's been fun working on this rather fantastic project, I've realized that my true love is whitewater and denying this is blasphemous. Given my time constraints with working 60-80 hours per week and applying to medical school, I need to focus on the things I really care about and can accomplish. Sad as I am, I've learned a tremendous amount working on this project both about woodworking and boatbuilding and about myself in general.

I'm asking for $600 for the trailer (freshly painted easy-loader with surgebrakes) and the boat is free. I also have a collection of wood, epoxy, fiberglass, and a few tools which I'll be parting with.

1 Comments:

At 5:13 PM, Blogger LJ said...

Beautiful boat. Back to the river... what's your favorite local run? ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home